Monday, August 29, 2011

The Ultimate Thrift

I've been on a search for the ultimate thrift, i.e. the best place to go shopping for vintage wares. A lover of culture and stories, I am a sucker for a good vintage jacket or a great piece of old furniture. Since i've been off the clock the past few weeks and also decorating a new space, i've also been on the lookout for some key pieces for my new place.



This past week I went shopping around downtown Savannah and stumbled upon the lovely Paris Market and Brocante (see image above) after a quick browse through DC2 Design. For those visiting SAV, both stores are worth a visit, and (to boot) Paris Market and Brocante may be the best curated space i've ever seen. I must say, though, Savannah has some great shops but most are rather out of my budget; so today my mom and I did a little tour around Five Points and Cameron Village in downtown Raleigh in search of the ultimate thrift (read awesome and affordable). Finally, after quite a few stops and a delicious lunch we hit the motherlode. Invariably the motherlode is a spot where the owners don't know just how great their stuff is, or they'd probably do a better job of organizing and displaying it. When one finds this kind of spot, the prices are right and you can often negotiate a package deal on several pieces. To illustrate, here are a few of the things I'll be pondering over the next few days:

Raw Wood Table with Painted Legs and Storage Shelf
Source: None via Rebecca on Pinterest


Wooden Chest used for Shipping (coffee table option?)
Source: None via Rebecca on Pinterest


World War 2 Military Trunk
Source: None via Rebecca on Pinterest

0 comments: