Sunday, March 27, 2011

With the South In Mind

Savannah Hotels

Headed down to Georgia this week for a day in Savannah, followed by a weekend in Atlanta. There's really no better time of year to hit the south and i'm so excited to get in touch with my southern roots on the visit. It's been years since I hit the streets of Savannah, but i'm thrilled for the upcoming trip. As a young girl, I first visited Savannah on a Girl Scouts field trip to the home of founder Juliette Gordon Low's birthplace. Today, my heart heats up as I remember that first visit to her historic home, where we dressed up in hoop skirts and pretended as if we were born centuries earlier. I love the historic charm of Savannah and its many old homes, some of which have been restored or updated. The city breathes a simple gentility that welcomes its visitors, somewhat like the tantalizing aroma of fresh spring flowers wafting from a garden.

Although i'm usually very bad at this, i'll aim to take some photos from my journey and post them here. Also, I welcome recommendations as to hot-spots to visit. It promises to be an adventure!

0 comments: