Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Subtle Thread

Lesson of late: sometimes the subtle thread is the more important one. With each passing day I realize more and more that success, as we might traditionally define it, is not the end goal. What is, meanwhile, remains more strange, a bit like the dull hum of the itch that won't go away. 

I am learning that life's simple moments, musing about relationships over bangers and mash, catching up with a long-distance friend whilst putting away the dishes, scribbling a list of ingredients for cranberry scones with The Velvet Underground in the background, become the pulses that make it feel rich and authentic. The trip, which we planned as a vacation, has become the theme upon which life's crux begins to form. Aye, riddles and rhymes seem to be the only verses that do justice to the rhythms of the universe.

I am a creator.
I am a child who wants to enthrall.
I am a daughter.
I am a cherisher of time and gift.
I am a woman.
I am a lover who longs to know and be known.
I am a sister.
I am a friend who wants to walk alongside.
I am becoming.

0 comments: